Business philosophy & Social Responsibility Policy
The following are Oceangoing policies concerning the conduct and ethics of business activities:
ensures that our clients benefit from the best attention to duty that our
personnel are able to give with the resources allocated on a fair basis in
order to render equitable and faithful service to our clients
· The Management Agreement is the binding document between Oceangoing and the owner and all the provisions contained will be faithfully adhered to. Any possible conflict of interest will be made known to the owner
· Oceangoing will, as respect the confidentiality of our client’s interests
· Oceangoing will on a regular basis and when required keep our clients informed of the operation, condition and status of their vessels or facilities as well as potentially dangerous or unacceptable situations
· Oceangoing will inspect and estimate running cost for the vessel being discussed and agreed upon with the Principal. Oceangoing recognizes the fact that both the company as the manager and the owners or principals we serve are carrying out business with a view to profit. We shall ensure we have the capability and the resources to serve the owners or principals well, and shall not accept business for which we do not have the capability and, or resources
· Plan for, respond to, and recover from any emergency, crisis or business disruption.
We expect our business partners and suppliers to adhere to International Labour Standards.